Osorb Media Water Treatment
Osorb Media is a revolutionary, regenerable, organically-modified silica adsorbent utilized for the treatment of oilfield water and gas streams. It adsorbs free, dispersed, and water soluble hydrocarbons, as well as many non-polar oilfield chemicals from produced water.
The technology also removes vapor phase and micro-droplet hydrocarbons from natural gas streams to improve the value of sales gas, increase burner efficiency, and manage other environmental gaseous emissions.
With a surface area of 550m2 per gram, the media has the ability to expand while absorbing contaminants, which leads to increased capacity and bed life.
OSORB MEDIA TECHNOLOGY PROCESS
Osorb Media is both an adsorbent and an absorbent, utilizing physical bonds to capture hydrocarbons and organics, while forming no permanent chemical bonds between the media and the sorbates. This lack of permanent bonding enables regeneration and repeated reuse of the media in addition to recovery of the contaminants held in the media’s matrix.
- Bulk Media Vessels
- Injection into the flowline
- Technology Demonstration; Axial Flow Column – 3” and 6” Column
- – Low flow feasibility testing & performance evaluation
- – In-situ regeneration evaluations
- Removal of free, dispersed, emulsified & soluble hydrocarbons
- Regenerable – minimal loss of efficiency over numerous regeneration cycles
- Fast capture mechanism – minimal residence time
- Reduced footprint and equipment size
- Customized Application Options
- No consumables, hydrocarbons are returned as liquid product
View a list of associated specification and technology sheets. Click to view, download, save or print the sheet.View Case Studies
Download Technology Sheets
View a list of associated specification and technology sheets. Click to view, download, save or print the sheet.View Available Downloads